SPORT NEWS AFRICA
03 rue Tréchot, Downtown,
Brazzaville, Republic of Congo
Phone: +242 06 697 13 10
The privacy of visitors to our website is very important to us, and we are committed to protecting it in accordance with Congolese legislation and in particular that of Law No. 29-2019 of October 10, 2019 on "protection of personal data".
This policy details what we do with your personal information.
B. Collection of Personal Information
The collection and use of your personal data will always be carried out in a completely lawful manner.
By disclosing them to Sport News Africa, you express your consent to their processing in the situations presented in this document and in compliance with Article 21 of Law No. 29-2019 of October 10, 2019 on "protection of personal data".
More specifically, we may use your personal data for the following purposes: improving the digital platforms of the Sport News Africa website, its services, content and options.
Sport News Africa collects your personal information when you create an account, engage in transactions, participate in promotions or contests.
This personal data may be collected, stored, used and may include the following (non-exhaustive list):
1. Email address, name, surname, country of residence, date of birth, gender, username, password, device reference number
2. Information about your computer, including your IP address, geographic location, browser type and version, and operating system;
3. Information about your visits to and use of this website, including referring source, length of visit, page views, and navigational paths;
4. Information that you enter when you use the services on our website;
5. Information generated when you use our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
6. Information relating to purchases you make, services you use or transactions you make on our site, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and banking information;
7. Information that you post on our website with the intention of publishing it on the Internet, including your user name, profile pictures and the content of your publications;
8. Information contained in all communications you send to us by e-mail or on our website, including their content and metadata;
9. Any other personal information that you communicate to us.
Before disclosing personal information about another person to us, you must obtain that person's consent to the disclosure and processing of that personal information in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
C. Use of Your Personal Information
We use your information for the following purposes:
7. Provide statistical information about our users to third parties (without such third parties being able to identify an individual user with this information).
The personal data collected may also be used to personalize advertisements.
By using the Sport News Africa site, you expressly authorize Sport News Africa to collect and process your personal data, in particular for the purposes of personalizing the services as mentioned above.
You may withdraw this authorization at any time by deleting your account.
If you submit personal information on our website for the purpose of publishing it, we will publish it and may use this information in accordance with the authorizations you grant us.
Your privacy settings may be used and adjusted to limit the publication of your information on our site.
D. Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to the extent reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy such as :
1. Your express and clear consent authorizing disclosure to a third party;
2. To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
3. In connection with any current or future legal proceedings;
4. To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for fraud prevention and risk reduction purposes);
5. To any person we reasonably believe is a member of a court or other authority having jurisdiction to disclose such personal information if, in our opinion, such court or authority would be likely to require disclosure of such information
6. For the purposes of the proper operation of the site, statistical information about our users may be disclosed to third parties without the third parties being able to identify the individual user.
E. International Data Transfers
The information we collect may be stored, processed and transferred in all countries in which we operate to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication may be available, via the Internet, worldwide.
We cannot prevent the use or misuse of this information by third parties.
You expressly agree to the transfer of personal information described in this section.
F. Retention of your personal information
This Section details our data retention policies and procedures to comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
Personal information that we process for any purpose is not retained longer than necessary.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
1. To the extent we are required to do so by law ;
2. If we believe that the documents may be relevant to the development of our site and any current or potential legal proceedings;
3. To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for fraud prevention and risk reduction purposes).
G. Security of Your Personal Information
We want your experience on Sport News Africa to be serene, enjoyable and safe.
As such, we take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the Internet is inherently insecure and that we cannot guarantee the security of your data sent over the Internet.
By sending sensitive or confidential messages or information by e-mail that is not encrypted, you accept the risk of this uncertainty and the possible lack of confidentiality on the Internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use to access our website confidential; we will not ask you to reveal it to us (except when you identify yourself on our site) and we advise you not to disclose it.
We may occasionally update this policy by posting a new version on our website.
You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are aware of any changes to this policy.
We may notify you of changes by e-mail or through our website's private messaging service.
I. Your Rights
Under Law No. 29-2019 of October 10, 2019 on "protection of personal data", the user may request and obtain from Sport News Africa, any personal information held about him.
In the event of a potential complaint regarding our use of your personal data or if you wish the transfer of such information, you will be asked to present sufficient proof of your identity.
J. Our Policy Regarding Children
We do not intentionally retain any personally identifiable information about children under the age of 13.
If a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 discovers that the child has provided us with personal information without consent, the child's account will be terminated immediately.
If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with such information without the consent of a parent or guardian, that information will be deleted immediately.
K. Third Party Websites
Our website contains hyperlinks to third party websites and information about them.
We have no control over these sites and are not responsible for their privacy policies and/or practices.
L. Updating Information
Please let us know if the personal information we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
In addition, you may review, correct, update, modify or delete your personal information at any time by accessing your account on Sport News Africa.
We will use our best efforts to honor your request for deletion, provided that we are not legally required to keep track of it.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) sent by a web server to a web browser and stored on the browser.
The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from it.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session".
A persistent cookie is stored by the browser and remains valid until its expiration date, unless deleted by the user before that expiration date.
The session cookie expires at the end of the user session when the browser is closed.
Cookies generally do not contain any information that can personally identify a user, but the personal information we store about you can be linked to the information stored in and obtained by cookies. Removing cookies will negatively impact the use of many websites.
FOLLOW US ON: